Tuesday, March 3, 2009

You Win Some, You Lose Some

Queensland Tourism failed to see my unmatched potential. But after going through the top 50 shortlisted candidates, it's easy to see why. Many on this list are media professionals, seasoned travelers, and show incredible abilities with a lifetime of experience to match. 

Others not so much. It definitely seems Queensland Tourism tried to gather a pool from all over the world. Even if that meant sacrificing a couple of positions for some candidates that aren't quite up to par, at least in my opinion. Especially when they are put right next to some of the quality videos that are shortlisted, it's easy to see the difference. 

I'm not going to pout or come up with excuses as to why I am not in this top 50. These people deserve to be there. But I will say this, if I had known it was perfectly cool throw copyrighted music into my video like everyone else's in this shortlist, or steal a concept from a popular television commercial, I could have at least made mine a touch more interesting. I guess Queensland Tourism just isn't interested in legality or originality. But seriously, not bitter. Don't care. 

Nonetheless, here's the video I submitted. Not a winner, but I had fun with it.

If I were a betting man, which get me to a craps table and I am, here's my top two:    

Male: Mark, from California                                                                                                   

Female: Julia, from the Russian Federation 

No comments:


Band website design
Quantcast