Tuesday, April 21, 2009

And I was Doing so Good

Since being back from Europe my life has been on the less interesting side. However, I still thought I was doing pretty good on the whole blogging thing throughout January and February. Then these past two months sorta fell to the wayside. 

I have lots of excuses stored up to explain my absence from this digital community, but I think the most plausible one is the fact that the past two cold rainy/sleety days have been the worst weather we've had around here in a while. 

See when you're from Wisconsin, or anywhere in the midwest I guess, you don't take good weather for granted. The majority of the year brings icy road conditions and nipple-hardening temperatures that lend to months of indoor hobbies. Therefore, give any Wisconsinite a little bit of sunshine and temps above 35 degrees Fahrenheit and we'll have cook-outs and start tanning our pasty whiteness.  

That's my biggest excuse. I've actually been doing stuff. Such as back in March, I went to the zoo. Hence that lovely picture of the deer like creatures. It was a splendid day, but I think I enjoyed the zoo more as a kid, when I didn't understand how endangered many of these creatures are and how human beings are the cause of it. But that's a whole other topic for a different post. 

That same day a friend and I visited the bay of Green Bay. Despite the warmth and the pockets of thin ice, I decided it'd be worth walking on. Only feared for my life a couple times.

Anything else I did over the past two months that was exciting you can read about in the following posts!

1 comment:

Ric said...

I agree -- it's going to be harder to post when it's above 45 degrees and sunny out. Or any range of weather equal to or better than that.

I initially blogged at work; but since actually having work to do, I'm stuck writing AFTER HOURS. yikes.


Band website design
Quantcast