Thursday, November 5, 2009

When You Say Wisconsin....

Sometimes I just can't help but to miss that state between Minnesota and Lake Michigan. Such as this past Sunday. I had a fabulous Halloween Saturday night, but Sunday just about topped it with my first visit to Kettle of Fish, a cosy little bar with all the comforts of home.

When entering the bar, my friends and I quickly came to the realization that we probably weren't going to get a place to sit. However, upon venturing to the back of the bar we discovered the game watching den that was reminiscent of every basement in Wisconsin: couches lining the room, a fireplace, Packer gear hanging from wall to wall, a television that faced each corner of the room, and most everyone in the bar was enjoying a tasty Leinenkugel's Amber, the premier Wisconsin beer on tap.

For a good idea of what that Sunday entailed, smell the cheese.

As much fun as it is to enjoy the Packer game and return to my roots, there are other times I look back at Wisco and for as proud as I am to say I'm from there, I can still only say, wow...

No comments:


Band website design
Quantcast