Thursday, February 12, 2009

Dear Mr. Lincoln...

Seeing as how it's your 200th birthday, I'm asking you for a favor. It seems this must be a good year for you. I figure you don't have much else to use your birthday wish on since Obama's in office and all, so would you mind throwing your birthday wish my way?

You see, I'm applying for this job. Not just any job The Best Job in the World. It's in Queensland, Australia, specifically Hamilton Island in the Great Barrier Reef. Basically, I'd chill on this island, do touristy fun stuff, and blog about it. 

As you can see Mr. Former President (is that what I call you?), I've come to enjoy blogging quite a bit. By browsing through this site, you can see that I have the necessary skills to do this job and do it well. I can write decently, podcast, take some ok photos, and make embarrassing videos of myself. I know a lot of this stuff didn't exist during your presidency, but just as Barack. I'm sure he'd be more than happy to show you how all this works. After all, he has nothing better to do....

I've been dreaming of swimming in this coral reef system ever since the first time I put snorkeling goggles on. Now, I have the opportunity to live there, blog about it, and make a nice salary for my efforts. 

The people at Tourism Queensland need to realize how much of an asset I would be if they hired me. I hope they can see this via my video application, but they may need some more convincing. Can you use your birthday wish to help them, and me, out? Maybe even write them a letter. Doesn't have to be quite as lengthy as the Emancipation Proclamation, but perhaps a recommendation letter from beyond the grave? That'll sell it I think. 

Anywho, I hope you have a happy birthday. Oh, and thanks for the incredible job you did leading this country during some difficult times. You laid the ground work for this amazing man we have as president today. Thanks.

And I have to ask, is there a letter somewhere in the White House that you wrote addressed to the first black president? Because you had to know this day would come. I bet there is one. Barack has probably already found it. I understand. It's secret between you and him.

Again, Happy Birthday, and thanks in advance for your help.

Can't Complain about Being American, 
Shawn Connelly

P.S. I didn't realize you and Darwin shared the exact same birthday! Tell him I say hello.


1 comment:

Ric said...

You're hired!...If I had anything to do with it.

If you get move there, can I visit? Never mind my ridiculous fear of water, I'll deal with it in order to see the Great Barrier Reef.


Band website design
Quantcast