Friday, May 29, 2009

East Bound and Down

Weddings are a good time. Hard to argue against that. Two loving people become one, family and friends reunite to celebrate like they never left each other, dancing like idiots without a care, and most often, free alcohol flows through everyone's veins (which aids in the dancing). It's a new beginning.

Tomorrow morning I will have a new beginning, a fresh start. I've spent the past few months here in Green Bay enjoying the time I've had here. But a lot of that time was also spent confused and frustrated with where I was in life. For some reason, at 23 I just expected more.

Tomorrow I will have more. For two weeks I'm going to take advantage of what this country has to offer. While I have a vague idea of where I'm going and what I'm doing over these next 14 days, I'll be playing a lot by ear. That smidgen of uncertainty gives me an edge of excitement. For example, this upcoming Wednesday. I have a six hour spelunking tour of Mammoth Cave in Kentucky. Will I get in those 9 inch crevasses and have a claustrophobic panic attack? Who knows! But certain things are planned out and good to go.

Tomorrow I will be starting this summer off right. My first stop is Chicago. I'll be catching up with a good friend and seeing The Decemberist, N.E.R.D., and Estelle LIVE. I'm hoping Sunday will include the Shed aquarium or perhaps the art museum. We'll see how hungover I am. But either way, I am pleased with my first stop.

I was pleased tonight as well, seeing my long time friend Brandon join forever with his soul mate Joy. I've been to a few weddings in my day and never have a seen a couple enjoy life together more than these two.

Tomorrow I will begin enjoying life like I never have before, just me and the road. I'm east bound and down, loading up, and truck'n.

No comments:


Band website design
Quantcast