Saturday, May 30, 2009

A Few Stipulations

Before I head out, there are a few things I need to specify. Maybe not so much for you the reader, but for me. I have a few stipulations, a few rules, some goals in mind for this road trip and this summer:
  1. I will not eat at a fast food restaurant. This one has a stipulation of it's own. I will eat at a fast food joint if (a) I've never been to that particular kind before (i.e. Sonic) and (b) there is no grocery store within reasonable driving distance. Only if those two parameters are met will I dive arteries first into fries and grease.
  2. I will blog everyday. Much like when I was on my continental tour of Europe, I will write everyday, but will post whenever I have internet capabilities.
  3. I will video blog at least once a week. Let's face it, if you check into this blog regularly, you want to see my smiling face.
  4. I will stop when something looks worth stopping for. Too many times have I drove past a state park sign or a scenic overlook. This time around I will stop, even if only to snap a quick picture.
  5. I will write one letter a week. I like the physical communication of letter writing. Shoot your address my way and you may be the lucky recipient of one such letter.
  6. I will continue to run, but concentrate more on my marathon withered upper body. I truly came to enjoy training for that marathon. No matter how little I got done in a day, as long as I got that run in, I felt like I accomplished something. Once I settle in Rye, I will get into a routine that will give me that accomplished feeling once again.
So there you have it, my summer goals. Please, hold me to them.

No comments:


Band website design
Quantcast