Sunday, January 25, 2009

Back in the Saddle Again


This past Thursday I went back to my roots and did what I did best, rocked. 

It's been quite some time since I've gotten in front of an audience with a guitar, drums, my bass, and some raw voices. I had the opportunity to sit in with Magna Cum Loud for a gig in Winona, Minnesota. Their bassist couldn't make it. So I soaked up his glory, along with cheap drinks and a free hotel room.

Cum Loud is an adrenaline filled rush of rock straight to your temporal lobe. Being on stage with them for that hour and a half was certainly an experience for all eight people that were listening....

Despite the attendance, the gig revitalized my rock senses that I've missed so much over the years. Since Thursday, I've been playing too much guitar and looking for more opportunities to get on a stage with it.

One of which will be this Tuesday at Ned Kelly's in Green Bay. I'll be sitting in with an open jam, so if you are in the area, swing on by. If you're not around, this is just the beginning. I must satisfy this craving. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was hoping for a sample on the blog???

Shawn Connelly said...

....unfortunately, intoxicated circumstances led to no one filming the gig. Probably a good thing though.


Band website design
Quantcast