Tuesday, January 6, 2009

They Liked Me, They Really Liked Me!

Post London can do strange things to people. I've been chatting with friends who have done the same program I did in past semesters. The biggest change in everyone is just the different way they view things upon returning from this marvelous city of British accents and double-decker red buses.

For those that truly embraced that city, like me, we feel a sense of inadequacy with life back home. There's no hustle and bustle, no excitement around every corner. When I turn down the streets in Green Bay, I know exactly where I am. I miss that thrill of getting...not lost, but discovering a new section of Londontown just about every night I went out.

I miss Brent, specifically Harlesden, and being the minority. Taking in other cultures' lifestyles for a change. I loved it. And of coarse, Bang Radio, the station and all the fabulous people I came to know.

Speaking of which, I was extremely humbled this morning after I read the kind words of my replacement at Bang via his blog.

Here's the good stuff about me...real humble, I know:

Hi everyone, I’m Michael, the new Shawn. Faithful followers of the Bang Blogs will know that Shawn Connelly was that cheery corn fed lad from the American heartland who was living out his bright lights, big city fantasy in London to finish his college radio course with a stint as the station’s production assistant.

But that’s such a modest term for all he did here. He was a jingle-making, promo-editing, ad-writing, note-taking and laugh-inducing wunderkind who sported a mighty set of unruly sideburns. He’ll be a tough act to follow, but I’ll try-though I can’t grow sideburns to save my life!

I am flattered. Thank you Michael!

No comments:


Band website design
Quantcast