Tuesday, June 9, 2009

D.C. Brunch and Georgetown Waterfront

6/7/2009

With the Jumbo Slice of pizza comfortably sitting in my belly, I knew it was time for sleep. Making it back to Crystal City just wasn't going to happen, so I crashed at Chris' place. 

Upon awaking this morning, we were hungry. How this is possible after eating a pizza slice the size of a small child, I'll never know. But I was informed that while I was in D.C., I had to experience a D.C. brunch.

This brunch was nothing like the Sunday after church crowd in Green Bay, WI. The first thing the waitress asks for is your drink order. Much like a dinner, except this is brunch, the first thing most people will eat on Sundays. As it turns out, I had half a bloody mary in me before anything else. But when my omelet came to the table, the bloody was on hold till this magnificent egg creation was taken down. Besides the great food and drinks, the meal was also accompanied by great conversation, as Alex, Chris, and I caught up on old times from 9 years ago. Yet, I felt bad for Chris' roommate who sat quietly, taking in all of our ridiculous stories. 
Chris had a soccer game after our brunch. So Alex and I went to his place to chill on his rooftop pool. Once I felt like I had fried myself enough up there. We went down to the Georgetown Waterfront where at 2pm the outdoor bars were packed with people getting there afternoon buzz on. We chilled at this bar for the rest of the afternoon as we watched helicopter after helicopter buzz the waterfront every 20 minutes or so, both police and Coast Guard. When two US helicopters flew by together, Alex told me it was probably Biden. When three fly together, that means it's the president. 

Eventually, Chris met back up with us. At this point, we were already about eight margaritas into our afternoon, but we still had room for a few more. 
I walked back to the metro station with Chris. On the way, I broke our conversation to say, "um Chris is that the White House?" Hey replied with a, "oh yeah, and that's the US Treasury." 

No comments:


Band website design
Quantcast