Monday, June 1, 2009

Drove to Chicago, All things Go

9-31-2009

With a long night in Boytown behind us, Lee and I woke up to a leisurely morning consisting of Hulu videos and playing with Charlie the rabbit. Lee had some studying to do as his finals were coming up, so I took the Metra (yes, Metra, not metro) into the city for a little touristy Chicago fun.


I made my way up the Sears tower to the Skydeck observation level on floor 99. For a soild hour I stood up there gazing out onto the magnificent city below, thinking of the hundreds of thousands of lives that are unfolding under my feet. It’s a humbling experiences seeing a city like Chicago laid out beneath you.

My friend Meagan met me up there and we sat for another long while staring out onto the city and catching each other up on the last year of our lives.

A ear-poppingly quick ride down the elevator and Meagan and I were walking the city streets seeing what there was to see. In a short while we got thirsty and realized we were across the street from the House of Blues. Great place for a few beers. Last night I was introduced to 312 (pronounced three one two), a locally famous Chicago brew reminiscent of New Glaurus’ spotted cow. Good converstion, good beer, great atmosphere, but before long we decided to check out more of the city.

Millennium park was our next stop. What an incredible public space. We just so happen to get there as a local youth choir was finishing up a concert in the park. The stage, architecture, and sound of this performance space is masterfully done. I could see myself as a Chicago citizen and utilizing this space on a daily basis.


The incredible Mellennium park outdoor art has made a landmark in-print on this Chicago area.

One can get some rather impressive pictures using this metallic dome-blob to help.








From there, we did a bit more walking as the sun began to set on this marvelous setting.

No comments:


Band website design
Quantcast