Saturday, December 27, 2008

As Cold as Ice

12-9-2008

As mentioned two posts ago, time is running out. So tonight I had to take in a London site I can’t find anywhere else: The Absolute Ice Bar. After visiting it though, I came to find out that these bars exist in large cities all over the world. But I wanted to see the London one.




Basically, the ice bar is just what it sounds like, a bar made entirely of ice. The floor, pillars, walls, sculptures, tables, seats, chandelier, the bar itself, and yes, the glasses were all made of the purest ice imported from Sweden. Apparently, it lasts 6 months before they have to import more ice. In order to keep people comfortable and buying Absolute Vodka mixes for their entire 45 minute time slot, they supply each visitor with a parka / overcoat, making everyone at the bar look like Eskimos.



£12.50 entrée fee and that includes your first drink. Was the price worth it? Well, when am I ever going to be able to drink in a bar made entirely of ice again? Kimberly and I had an icy blast. I snuck my ice glass out and licked it the whole walk home up Regent’s street. The glass even lasted me as long as the ISH bar, where I ordered a shot of Sambukah in it before it completely melted. 

No comments:


Band website design
Quantcast