Friday, December 26, 2008

Pub Crawl

12-5-2008

Against my better judgment, I went with Kim, Mike, Shannon, and Luke on a pub-crawl this evening. In the past, I’ve been rather disappointed with the amount of fun and free alcohol that one get’s out of a pub-crawl for the monetary value one has to put in. This one wasn’t too bad though, two pubs and three clubs.


Started at Belusey’s, a pop culture on the walls, music videos on 10 screens kind of a pub. Then moved on to the Roadhouse club, where motorcycles and 76 gasoline signs were the selected memorabilia of this surprising classy place. They also had a Starship Troopers pinball machine that I just had to play. I did my part for the federation, keeping in mind that the only good bug is a dead bug.




From there we went to familiar territory right down the street from the Coliseum where we get drinks before and after ENO performances. From there we heard probably the best house DJ in London at Verve. The dance floor was packed as this guy mixed everything, even the theme from Magnum P.I. with Feddie Le Grand's “Put Your Hands up for Detroit.”


The night ended at Zoo Bar, familiar by name, but I had yet to visit it. Upstairs was a hop’n club playing more pop hits. The basement, on the other hand, housed the real ravers. The contrast was interesting. But before too long, I’d had enough so Shannon and I took our leave and walked home from Soho.

No comments:


Band website design
Quantcast