Thursday, December 25, 2008

Missed Oportunity

12-1-2008

I pulled a late night at Life FM this evening. Doing 20% work for the station and 80% work for myself, such as blog updates (which I’m way behind on), posting facebook pictures, and also post audio on my new site, Reverb Nation. I started this site a number of years ago when I was looking for a site to host a specific audio file I wanted someone in Pennsylvania to hear. But I never really touched it again until this evening.

Only recently have a realized what an asset this site really is. As you can see for yourself, the site is meant mainly for bands. I, on the other hand, don’t have decent recordings of original music (just yet). But I do have a ton of audio that I’ve produced over the past few years, and this site looked like the perfect place to post my online audio portfolio.

I stopped posting on my site when I read an email that came my way tonight. It said:

Congratulations on being named as recipients of the Chancellor’s Leadership Award.  You have also been nominated by Vice Chancellor Tomlinson and Alumni Affairs to act as the Class of 2008 Speakers for the Commencement ceremonies for your respective colleges (i.e., Courtney you will speak at the 10am ceremony and Shawn you will speak at the 1pm ceremony). 

For the rest of the evening I felt like I was on the verge of puking. I felt too many emotions for one moment. Honored to be chosen, compromise to try to figure out how I could still do it, regret for extending my trip, and utter disappointment for having to turn it down. It took me another day to truly get over it. C'est la vie. Life goes on. My hope is that if this once in a lifetime opportunity came my way once, something like it must be coming my way again sometime soon…

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

C'est la vie... nice try though :)

Shawn Connelly said...

dammit, I meant to look up the correct french spelling of that before I posted it... ohh well fixed now thanks to you!!!


Band website design
Quantcast