Saturday, September 6, 2008

A Morning to Remember

9-5-2008 

I think I’m good to go. It’s the first morning of the European tour and I’ve already done the stupidest things I can do (*knock on wood*).  So the way I see it I’ve got it all out of my system:

After a long night of getting to know the UWSP group and the locals at the Euro Youth Hostel Pub, I awoke this morning still a tad intoxicated. That doesn’t bother me. What did is when I looked at my iPod to see why the alarm didn’t wake me, only to realize it was 1:30 in the afternoon! I look at the bunk below me and one of my roommates  gone and the other is still passed out. I wake up the one still sleeping, tell him how late it is, and we both spend five minutes saying, “wft, we missed the tour. Where’s Chad? How did we sleep so late? Are we seriously still this drunk?”

Then one of the lovely ladies on our tour comes to our door and informs us that it is actually 8:30 in the morning and that we simply didn’t change our clocks.

Sadly, that’s not the stupidest part. Realizing that it was still early, I decided it was time for a run around Munich. Two minutes into my run I come to the following realizations:

            I’m still ridiculously intoxicated

            I can’t see, as I didn’t put my contacts in

            I have no clue what street our hostel is on

            I don’t speak German

Needless to say, I made it back and I’m alive. You live, you learn.

No comments:


Band website design
Quantcast