Sunday, September 21, 2008

Too Much Walking

9-10-2008

Our hotel is too far from Verona’s city life. We walked a good 4 kilometers. However, upon reaching our destination (which we decided upon while we were walking) all the walking was worth it. We enjoyed a mouthwatering dinner at an intimate pizzeria called Pizza a Metro Mamelia. Since I’ve wanted an authentic Italian pizza for years, I was fully prepared to throw down mass amounts of money for what seemed like a pricey place. 


We started with the purest water at €4 a bottle, moved on to two jugs of wine (a white and red), and had delicious dishes consisting of rabbit meat pasta, potatoes dumplings, my amazing mozzarella, feta, and ham filled calzone, and a few other pizzas that rocked any pie I've ever eaten in the states. 





Following dinner we got confused. I won’t say we got lost because we really weren’t. We were always on the right track, yet ridiculously confused as to where this river was which flowed along the road we were supposed to follow back to the classy hotel. As I write, I am sitting on the outside steps and ending my night with new friends (and our waiter who we affectionately call Bugs Bunny) and a few glasses. Viva Italia.

 

And now a little something from Kallie: I am the coolest person you will ever meet! Don’t even question it! Every day of my life is so amazing and  I hope I will never will never forget any moment of it, but I hardly even remember it…I don’t know what else to say, I’m that cool. I thought I was cool in America but Jesus Christ, I’m super cool in Europa.


No comments:


Band website design
Quantcast