Monday, November 3, 2008

Blizzard in London

10-28-2008

''So, do you think I need to bring a winter coat to London?'' Before I left, I must have asked that question to 20 students who had previously studied in London. Everyone said just a rain coat will do. Apparently they did not get a cold weather spell like this one....

Kallie and I went to a tiny little piano bar called the Cellar Door. It's literally a stairway in the middle of a street that goes down to room that barely fits 40 people. However, everyone brings their sheet music and song books and the brilliant pianist plays while you sing your show tune or jazz standard. It was my kind of place.

We met a couple of guys who were more than interested in the election, exactly one week away, so we chilled with them for much of the night.

When we walked out onto the street at the end of the night, low and behold snow was falling and covering the ground. Not the big fluffy stuff we get in Wisconsin, but wet white flakes nonetheless. Kallie and I threw a few snowballs and made our way back to MTH.

No comments:


Band website design
Quantcast