Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Little Things

11-3-2008

Everyday I go to work I get off at Wilseden Junction, my tube stop. There's a 40-some-step flight of stairs outside the station that leads up to Harlesden High Street from the station. For the past two weeks I smile just a bit every morning I get off the train and every evening I get back on it. 

About ten stairs from the top is a pair of gray panties with little white and blue dinosaurs on them. Best. Panties. Ever. Rain or shine, those little hip huggers are there refusing to become extinct. 

Some train rides home I'd do nothing but come up with stories as to how those panties made their way onto those steps. Sooner or later I'll publish a novel revolving around those stories. 

For the past week however, I've come to realize how much cheaper the bus is, and truthfully not that much slower. Except for rides home during rush hour. But the trusty number 18 doesn't have half as many delays as the Bakerloo. 

Today was a sad one though. For I finally did take the tube again. It looks like they finally got around to cleaning the steps and now some Wilesden Junction custodian is the proud owner of grey dino panties....lucky bastard. 


No comments:


Band website design
Quantcast