Sunday, October 5, 2008

I Work Hard for the Money

9-29-2008

With my legs ready for the day after my run in Regent’s, I was off to work. The station manager told me I didn’t have to get to work until closer to 10:30 but I still wanted to get my day started, so I intended on getting there around 10:00. Good thing too because due to Bakerloo line delays, I ended up getting to work around 10:30, which was right on time, but later than I expected. Following this week, I should have getting to work all figured out.

Basically, I had another fabulous day at work: produced audio, got to know people. My boss had to work till midnight, so she snuck out for a few hours in the middle of the day and left me a task list to complete. I completed the pertinent objectives, but left some of the “if you have time” items because the stations ad manager and his clients needed help with an advert. Three hours later we had an advert that was well done, but truthfully if all had been prepped ahead of time should have taken an hour. Upon my supervisor’s arrival back, I found out I shouldn’t have been spending that much time in the studio with any clients, otherwise we have to charge them more. Well, now I know.

Once I finished work, I stuck around the office and blogged, and read article after article about the $700 billion bailout bill not being passed.

No comments:


Band website design
Quantcast