Monday, October 27, 2008

Streets

10-23-2008

This morning at breakfast I caught up with Collin another member of the UWSP group. He told me about a Streets concert that evening. I've heard of them and perhaps a song or two, but really knew nothing more than that. However, it was something to do, so around 19:00 Collin, Jim, Mike, and I went to the Roundhouse theatre in Camden for the concert.

I must say I was rather pleased with the evening as the streets put on a wicked show. The crowd was ridiculously into it, especially as Beat Stevie, lead British rapper, crowd surfed right over me. It was a spectacle of a show since the normal streets band was backed by a 40 member orchestra. 


While a good show, it was a shorter show. We were able to make it back to ISH bar in time for a solid hour of karaoke. The only way to finish out a Thursday night here in London. 


Here's a shortie from Santogold, whom opened for the Streets:

2 comments:

Bobbi said...

Yay for the Roundhouse!

jbell said...

You got to see The Streets!!!!! I'm SO INCREDIBLY JEALOUS!!!!! AHHH!!!! Are you going to be in London this summer? hint hint? I miss you, but I'm so excited that you're having all these cool experiences....what a stupid sentence I just made..sorry ~Jenneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee


Band website design
Quantcast