Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Audio Editing and Karaoke Crooning

9-25-2008

I couldn’t wait to get to work the next day. I left a project incomplete and I needed to get back at it. Pugwash, one of the celeb presenters at Life, asked me yesterday to help him with a campaign regarding the MOBO awards. From what I’ve been told, the MOBOs are the Grammy’s of black music, which is what Life specializes in: hip hop, reggae, soul, R&B, basically anything with a beat. At least, that's how I describe it. Anywho, the station needed liners to play before a nominee. There were ten categories and five nominees per category, excluding Best International Performer, which had eight nominees.  So yea, I did a lot on my second day, and I was happier than an Oompa Loompa in Wonka’s factory to do it.

I had lunch at Ali Babah’s. I’m putting that in this post so I remember to go to it again. Spicy and fantastic.

Today rocked, for sure. To celebrate, I had to do ISH bar karaoke. Most all of the Wisconsin students made it down to the bar: the interns to celebrate their first few days on the job and the students to drown their sorrows of the beginning of another semester. Supposedly, the Wisconsin students have a reputation of being a force to reckon with at ISH karoke night. So I wasn’t about to let them down. The details are a bit fuzzy. But the gist of the story is I sang Total Eclipse of the Heart  to ISH dean Kevin Coyne. He came up on stage, and I sang my heart out to him. 

No comments:


Band website design
Quantcast