Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Welcome to Planet Starbucks

10-5-2008

I’m caught up. I’m actually writing this date's entry on the date it’s happening (although I didn't post it till two days later). Currently, it’s 18:27 on this Sunday and I’m in a Starbucks getting caught up. Yes, I agree, it’s corporate America, but as Mike Wilson so elegantly puts it “capitalism is the new imperialism,” but that’s a topic for a different post.

Perhaps it was divine intervention because I went to that Fetish Convention yesterday, but as I was catching up on blogging, doing laundry, and trying to figure out what I would do today, I stumbled across the picture I took of the Westminster Abbey service schedule. Thanks to that picture, I took in the 15:00 Evensong, their Sunday afternoon service featuring the Westminster boys choir. My sister told me about this fantastic group and upon recognizing the title, I knew I had to see it.

Heavenly is the only way to describe their voices combining in unison to give praise to God. I’ll be visiting them again…maybe I’ll make it a Sunday thing. I haven’t done that in a few years. Bah, I have to get out of this Starbucks. If I do anything exciting tonight, I’ll revisit this post.

*The most exciting part from Starbuck to when I got home was that there was the cutest dog ever on the tube. She rested her head on my foot. Her name was Angel.

No comments:


Band website design
Quantcast