Tuesday, October 7, 2008

PARENTAL DISCRETION is ADVISED, London Fetish Weekend

10-4-2008

Thanks to picking up a copy of London’s entertainment magazine, Time Out, we discovered that this weekend was Fetish Weekend in the UK’s capital. The largest "alternative lifestyle" (a.k.a fetishes) expo was being held today. It's simply called TheXpo. How could we not!

Visit the following sites and you’ll get the gist of our day (by clicking you consent that you are at least 18 years of age and that you are the pervert for clicking the link and Shawn is not):

Basically a lot, and I’m talking a lot, of latex and rubber. We watched a fashion show, did a bit of window shopping, the girls bought some nifty heals, and we watched a girl in a bunny suit get tied up in some pretty intricate bondage. I’ll post the more appropriate pictures here:








We stopped by Primark on the way home, a four story department store that goes through it’s entire inventory in about 4 days. It looks all pretty at the beginning of the day, but around 6 when we got there, it looked like a tornado or a tropical storm had rolled through. It’s packed at every hour of the day, and it’s understandable why. With jeans at £6, sweet hoodies at £6-8, pillows at £3, a five pack of dress socks at £2, everyone in London has at least one item from Primark. After shopping there once, I can walk around London and recognize Primark products. I got two bomb hoodies, one of which is a combination cardigan / hoodie.

All that intense Primarking got our appetites going, so Kris, Jose, and I stopped at the most amazing fast food joint called Yo Sushi!

It is the future of fast food as we know it. You sit around a bar-like counter with a conveyor belt that carries around saucer sized dishes with sushi on them. The dishes are color coded by price. At the end of the meal, a waiter counts up how many dishes you've eaten and you're good to go. I've never had sushi before and I'm very pleased Yo Sushi stole my sushi virginity. Thanks Bobbi and Kenny for suggesting this one.

Early in the week, I met the back-up vocalist to Eric Roberson, a R&B Soul artist who was playing London tonight. This kind guy from Chicago chatted with me about football and we ended the conversation with him giving me a free ticket to the show. So I took the tube out to the O2 and got there with the help of two ladies who were also on the way to the show. They stopped me from getting off at the wrong stop.

I love discovering new music. Eric Robberson’s soulful R&B was very jazz based with lyrical rap-like vocals over the top. I thought it was fantastic.


No comments:


Band website design
Quantcast