Saturday, October 25, 2008

Good Food and Comedy

10-17-08

Most Fridays I don't work. It's a nice arrangement that I'm going to miss once I have to get a real job. I did however go in today. 

The first thing I did when I got to work was go out to lunch with my supervisor and another volunteer my age. Salaam, the restaurant which made my taste buds sing, is on my route to work every day and I've always wanted to check it out. Now I have.  The humus was creamy and delectable and the warm nan bread complemented it quite well. 

My main course was the size of a family meal, a plate-size piece of nan bread topped with a salad and lamb meat. This meal served well as multiple meals throughout the weekend. 

After getting a wee bit of work done that afternoon, I went out with some co-workers to see a fellow c0-worker in his comedy routine. There were 4 comics total, including one from Brooklyn. My co-worker, Geoff, was the headliners and rightfully so, as he was the most talented comic that night. The venue was small, and unfortunately not many showed up, but it made for all the more intimate of a show.

No comments:


Band website design
Quantcast