Sunday, October 19, 2008

Awake to Amsterdam, Sleep in London

10-13-2008

I woke up this morning at 5:00am in a room of 30 bunk beds with about 40 random people of all genders sound asleep around me. This is the life of hostel living. It' s not luxurious, but it sure is cheap, and truthfully, it's all anyone needs. 

Wherever you find a hostel, you will find an amazing city with lots to see, do, and fun to have. So why would you waste your money on a place you are going to spend 8 hours in max? These youth hostels have it down. A locker to put your stuff in, and a bed to pass out on. Simple. Granted, you have to hope the others in your room aren't (1) Drunk and obnoxious (2) Heavy snorers (3) or serial killers...meh, you get what you pay for. 

I made my way in the lonely darkness of the red light district towards Grand Central Station to catch a train to Schipol Airport.  This was the first time I have seen the city absolutely dead. No red lights, no shouting bars, no half naked women, just me, the cobblestone streets, and the canals... oh, and a persistent bum who kept yelling at me for change even after I was a block away. I guess those guys never sleep.


I got to work around noon. Finished what I needed to do and made my way home. 



For the first time today, I took a good look at the tube tracks  at the Willesden Junction tube station and discovered why one should never jump onto them...

No comments:


Band website design
Quantcast