Friday, October 17, 2008

A Wednesday in Harlesden

10-8-2008

Work was interesting today, as my tasks were quite varied. I began the day adding friends to the Life FM myspace page. Eventually though, I was off doing my normal audio editing. At one point today, I officially felt like an intern as my uber busy boss asked me to get her a cup of tea. It didn’t really feel degrading, more like one co-worker asking for the another's asisstance. She apologized after her meeting saying she’d never ask me to do something like that again, just that she was in a rush.

Later that night, Meredith, Kaity, and I attempted to see The Ting Tings. We were intending on just scalping a ticket from outside the venue, as the show had been sold out for months, however due a tube delay of about 25 minutes on the Bakerloo line, we realized we weren’t going to make it to the venue, Sheppard’s Bush, in time. So we hopped a different line to Oxford’s circus.

When we ascended from the tube station there, we stumbled upon two terrific street musicians. The drummer played four plastic pails, a tin pot, and a symbol which he laid on the ground and used his foot on top which made it function like a high hat and sound like one too. The sax player with him gave the duet a melody which he rocked hard.

Down Regent’s street we attempted to go to a pub called Ain’t Nothing But (the Blues) as they feature live music every night. However, that was packed and the bouncer was enforcing a strict one in, one out policy. So we journeyed around the corner to a hip diner called The Diner, where the men’s and women’s bathrooms are marked with just a black lightning bolt and a red lightning bolt, nothing else. Which would you choose?

There we sampled a banana bread beer. Not bad really. In a night I could probably only handle one. But the beer went great with my waffle topped with Swiss cheese. From there we checked out a club called The Metro, nothing to write about here…


After that it was 1:00AM, and we all had work in the morning.

No comments:


Band website design
Quantcast