Saturday, October 18, 2008

Amsterdam Belatedly Begins

10-10-2008

I've been putting off writing this post for a while because this day sucked. 

Last night I got to hang out with opera stars... and have quite a few drinks with them. It was free, what was I supposed to do, only have 8 glasses of wine instead of the 9 that I had? Actually, in retrospect that's exactly what I should have done....

I woke up Friday morning at 7:30am, having slept right through my alarm. My flight left at 6am. It's a solid hour and a half journey to Luton airport. So I ended up spending quite a bit of time in that airport and have come to loathe the place. 

But let's look at this glass as half full, shall we. In my time at the airport, I wrote my entire final paper that was due for the end of the continental tour. Plus I bought an amazing book which I'm in the middle of now called The Whole Truth by David Baldacci (I found this link when looking for the previous link, worth a click and a scroll) It's an international terror-thriller about the rise of a second Cold War. 

Eventually I made it to Amsterdam the beautiful city of canals and cobble roads. I found a cheap hotel right in the middle of the red light district (probably why it was so cheap), and galavanted around Amsterdam. I was supposed to meet some buddies here, but I was 8 hours late and they obviously weren't in there hostel room. So meeting up with them would have to wait till tomorrow. 

I soaked in the red lights and later in the night, I made it to the Paradiso. This club had four separate rooms, each catering to a different dancing crowd: hip-hop, disco-ish, chill, and the basement indie scene, where I spent most of my time. The headlining DJ in this basement scene was one of the Junior Boys, a favorite sound of mine. 

No comments:


Band website design
Quantcast