Monday, October 27, 2008

Frieze, Everybody Clap Your Hands

10-19-2008


It was a late one last night...or an early one this morning, whichever way you want to look at it. Therefore I declare it is perfectly acceptable to sleep in till noon when you went to sleep at 6:30am. In actuality, noon is waking up early under those circumstances.





My day started off pretty crazy actually. A group of us were walking to the Frieze Art Fair when we came across this:

I couldn't believe it. Right across the street in Regent's Park a poor young woman was murdered last night, at least that's what we gathered from looking at this crime scene. I got the best picture I could, as I had to sneak through the bushes to get it without getting my camera
confiscated. Obviously the case had yet to be solved because these guys in white coats were searching pretty intensely for whatever clues they could find. On their hands and knees looking through leaves, surveying the land, and roping off the immediate area. I couldn't believe I was seeing something that you'd only expect to find on CSI. I'll be checking the paper tomorrow to see exactly what went down.....

Chances are there won't be anything in the paper because the previous paragraph was a complete fabrication. The above scene was actually part of the Frieze Art fair. This was just one of the many works that really put you in the art. The entire exhibition hall was filled with samples from galleries from around the world, many displaying new concepts and brilliant works.













Beautifully unique works of art.


One of the most interesting parts of the entire art fair was the way they turned smokers into art work. For those that desperately needed that nicotine, there were three glass booths in place, complete with a chair, ash try, water cooler, and ventilation pipe.

No comments:


Band website design
Quantcast