Monday, October 20, 2008

My Love, Jose Gonzales

10-14-2008


I love what I do at work, but every once in a while you just want to get through the day. Today was one of those days, because after work I had tickets to see Jose Gonzales. The concert was at the University of London Union, a quaint venue that gave the entire show a personal touch that is very much necessary for Jose's kind of music, as well as the opener, Horse Feathers.


They were a pleasant surprise on the evening. A chill indie band from Oregon on their first tour of Europe consisting of a singer/acoustic player, a violin, viola, an cello. I absolutely love when classically trained musicians take their talent to an indie scene. It only ever means good news.



Jose is a brilliant classical guitar song writer who puts lyrics to his mellow finger picked arpeggios. When he was joined by two hand percussionist, their tight knit groves gently swayed the crowd as many sang along. 

A euphoric evening of music. At the end of the concert, I was ready to go into a music en dosed slumber. However, the lady who accompanied me to this concert had yet to spend her £2.50 that us interns are give every day as a "meal stipend." We used it at the bar, which surprisingly got us two drinks. Gotta love the ISH bar. 


Two drinks was not all I had though, unfortunately.  Two blokes from East London just so happened to be at the ISH bar buying round after round for the ladies from Wisconsin. Ben and Joe were great though because they didn't discriminate. They were buying drinks for the guys  as well. Before I could say no, I had two shots and a pint coming my way. Long story short, I ended up closing the bar with these guys...pretty good Tuesday.

No comments:


Band website design
Quantcast